Tuesday 12 September 2017

(The Last of) Summer In The City


A floral dress for summer. Groundbreaking.

But considering the sunshine season, complete with evening walks in the park and al fresco dining, visits London so rarely, the need to make the most of it is imperative. After a week of rain, I was ready to slip into something wholeheartedly summery and loose.


WIMBLEDON, LONDON

Wimbledon is one of my favourite 'just-outside-central-London' villages, coming in at a close second to Chiswick. Modern cafés, French bistros, and fine-dining restaurants line the high street. Here, you'll find the likes of Whistles and Matches Fashion making their mark, right next to Cath Kidston and one-of-a-kind vintage shops. 

It's utterly charming and villagey, with plenty of green spaces and some of the grandest townhouses ad mansions you'll ever see. Should you find yourself across Wimbledon Common, pop into Hotel du Vin for a lunch in the conservatory sunlight.


So let's talk about this stunning Brandy Melville dress.

I've never bought anything from this all-American brand before, though I often venture inside their stores as my friend Sarah is a huge fan. In Barcelona, she managed to drag me in yet another, and in the midst of encouraging her to hurry up (I was in desperate need of a post-lunch sangria), I found myself eyeing up this little wrap number.

It's incredibly feminine and hugs all the right curves. And due to it's wrap-effect (very DVF), it feels rather like wearing a sexy little dressing gown. Comfort level 100.

The navy and white floral design adds instant French-girl charm. Wrap dresses can be seen on all of our favourite Parisian icons from Jeanne Damas and Anne-Laure Mais to Sabina Socol and Louise Follain.

It also works for day, night, summer and even winter when teamed with a cashmere cardigan and ankle boots. But I chose a pair of pink satin trainers and a blue bucketbag from Zara.


Summer shall be greatly missed and so will the fading memories of holidays, but my favourite season of autumn is upon us and I cannot wait! Someone fetch me a hot chocolate already.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I try to reply to all of them so be sure to come back to see! :)

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig