Sunday 16 October 2016

Hally's, Fulham


When my sister and I both realised we had the same day off work, we knew we had to make the most of it. So, yesterday we paid Hally's in Parson's Green, Fulham a visit and finally ticked it off of our bucketlist of places to try. We had both heard rave reviews (and seen some incredible Instagram snaps) of Hally's and had been dying to devour their offerings for a little while. It lived up to its expectations and more to say the least...

While Jess had visited Fulham once before previously, it is a London neighbourhood I had never ventured to myself. I knew it was an extremely affluent spot teeming with leafy green areas, a beautiful high-street and local, independent cafés and restaurants, yet I had always looked over it somehow. I can now officially say I think it may just be one of my favourite neighbourhoods - it almost doesn't feel like central London, it feels much too green, communal and quaint. If you've ever paid Richmond, Wimbledon or other London suburban villages a visit, Fulham feels rather like those.

Hally's, just off of Parson's Green, is a Californian-inspired restaurant/ café decorated in a trendy whitewashed beach-house-style. I can already hear you itching in your seat, dying to see what very Instagram-worthy interiors I'm on about, so let's take a look...


Jess and I wanted to give their brunch menu a good look-over but we had late-lunch plans at No.197 Chiswick Fire Station (review coming soon!) so opted for a cake, coffee and juice instead.

We were so incredibly surprised at how unique the cake flavours were, you only find interesting combinations in independent coffee shops like this. Jess chose the 'Lemon, Almond and Rosemary and Olive Oil' cake, but the 'Blueberry Crumble Cake' caught my eye. We shared a few 'ahhs' and 'oohs' at how beautifully moist and flavoursome each were.


We washed down the cakes with a green juice for me, and a flat white for Jess.


Set up by a couple after being inspired on a Californian roadtrip, Hally's opened in 2013 to bring simple, healthy food in a laid-back environment. Anna Halliday and husband Philip Beatty loved the Californian love for fresh, bold ingredients that are well sourced.

Complete with reclaimed wood floors, pastel dipped chairs, white clapboarding and neon signage, Hally's gives a fresh, light vibe that can't help but put you in a good mood and make you want to linger from breakfast to afternoon tea.

We caught up, chatting about Jess' new beauty internship and my university adventures, before heading outside into the sunshine.


If you go to Hally's, be sure to also see what else New King's Road offers too. Here you'll find dreamy interior shops (be sure to pop in to Holly's House), local Italian restaurants and fabulous charity shops selling vintage Giorgio Armani, Chanel and YSL.


Holly's House

I cannot wait to return to Hally's to really try out their food offerings - what an excuse to visit again! Perfect! In the meantime, I might try their sister coffee shop which so happens to be sat across the road, for a mocha and pastry.

What's your favourite London neighbourhood?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I try to reply to all of them so be sure to come back to see! :)

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig