Sunday 19 June 2016

The Evening Look: Pink Culottes


I for one am loving culottes as of late. I can certainly promulgate and confirm that this trouser trend is certainly the comfiest (no post-meal unbuttoning needed), making them all the more fabulous for quotidian wear. Yet, I'm sharing a more 'evening' look with you all today. If, like me, (in a totally non-pretentious way), you feel a dress is just a little too overdone and predictable for party attire, and prefer something a little more daring, this look will be perfect for you.
Apart from a trusty jumpsuit I love wearing to parties, I tend to steer clear of the one strength garment as I believe separates are much more playful, versatile and interesting. And unlike a dress which solely relies on new accessories to revamp it, separates can eternally be teamed with other separates and therefore a new outfit is always readily available.

Disclaimer and note to self before any more photos are revealed: must wear a black/ nude bra next time!


I decided to team these Topshop culottes with a pair of ZARA silver, metallic block heels to highlight the pearly iridescence of the trousers, and because a block heel is 100x comfier when boogieing the night away (cheesiness intended).


I opted to partner the culottes with a black cami and jacket so as to accentuate the colour of the trouser as they are such a statement piece that deserve all of the attention. The leather of the jacket also aids in bringing in another texture to the look, making it all the more fashion-forward and playful.

Top and trousers - both Topshop, jacket and shoes - both Zara

What do you usually wear on nights out? You can join the conversation over on Twitter or in the comments box below!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I try to reply to all of them so be sure to come back to see! :)

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig