Tuesday 29 September 2015

A WEEKEND OF FASHION AND FOOD


I had one of the loveliest weekends I've had in a long while. On Saturday, I paid a visit to the London College of Fashion in Lime Grove for their Fashion Journalism course open day. I fell in love with the place, I seriously hope that in the near future I will have the privilege of studying there.

It was great to be in such a creative and buzzy environment where everyone shared the same passion and I can't wait to just get started on the course. The open day was very informative and useful, with information ranging from how to be a successful applicant to what the course involves. Click below to read more!


The student lounge


LCF is placed (rather handily!) five minutes away from Westfield White City. No doubt some serious shopping will be done there after lectures. As my sister and I were hungry, we stopped off at Jamie's Italian just outside the mall. Italian is my favourite type of cuisine so I was more than happy to stuff myself with rich garlic, juicy tomatoes and delicious pasta. 


The menu at Jamie's is one of the best I've seen. I was stuck between numerous options...okay maybe the whole menu. Nevertheless, I finally decided on the Tagliatelle Bolognese: pork and beef bolognese cooked in wine and served with breadcrumbs and Parmesan. While Jess chose Jamie's Favourite: pork and fennel meatballs in a spicy tomato sauce and breadcrumbs. I sneakily tasted a nibble and it was delicious! Mine meanwhile, was equally if not more tasty. 

I'm wearing: Zara top, Topshop sleeveless blazer and necklace
But first, we engulfed ourselves in rich garlicy goodness. This was the best garlic bread I've ever had. That's no exaggeration, it really was. The bread was rustic, crusty and slightly burnt on the top the way I love bread, and the garlic butter just oozed between the slices. Topped with rosemary and polenta chips, it was the perfect starter.



A perfect day of fashion and food.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I try to reply to all of them so be sure to come back to see! :)

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig