Monday 6 October 2014

What's On My Face #10:



It's time to grab that wine-red lipstick and smoky brown eyeshadow; autumn is officially here! Well, I say autumn, however, here in London you'd think we're at winter's peak! Today was a weather combination I despise greatly; rainy, cold and windy. Cue inside-out umbrellas and frizz-ball hair.

To spice up a dull, winter's autumnal day I opted for a daytime-worthy, smoky brown eye look. But for the base, I wanted it to keep it fresh and dewy; to achieve this I used the Origins CC Cream. I added in a tiny bit of Maybelline Fit Me Concealer under the eyes too. Both of these products are great and were perfect for a low-coverage base. To slightly mattify my t-zone, I lightly dusted on Rimmel Stay Matte Powder (which I'm slowly running out of!).

Continuing with the dewy base, I dotted on Max Factor Miracle Touch Creamy Blush. This is super light but buildable, dewy but not sticky and luminous but not greasy. The colour is equally wonderful; it looks a dark pink in the pan, but on the face, it appears as a light, fuchsia-coral (yes - it's a bit describable! Hopefully the picture will demonstrate). For bronzer, I turned to an old fave, the Nars Laguna Bronzer.

I've recently bought a new brow product; the Soap & Glory Archery Pencil (I'm currently writing a review of it - but let's just say it comes pretty close to the Anastasia Brow Wiz!). Then on top for added definition, I used Bobbi Brown Brow Gel.

For the eyes, I was feeling a little fancy and wanted something a little different from my regular 'everyday' makeup, particularly now it's autumn. I swiftly grabbed my MAC Eye shadow in Woodwinked and blended it all over the eyes, focusing more on the outer corners. This eyeshadow is simply beautiful, with just the right amount of shimmer for daytime. Then, a quick curl of the lashes, a swipe of mascara, and I was good to go!

Et, voila!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I try to reply to all of them so be sure to come back to see! :)

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig